Swagbucks - pays you to do online tasks
answer surveys, watch videos, play games
Swagbucks is a site that pays you to do different things like answer surveys, watch videos, play games and other online tasks.
You won't make life changing income but Swagbucks is 100% legitimate. In fact, they have paid more than $346 million in rewards to its users. Individually though, you can expect to make up to $1000/year or less.
Although the income is low, if you want something super easy to do in your spare time and a way to start earning immediately, then read this article.
Income Potential: $1000/year
How Does Swagbucks Work?When you sign up for Swagbucks there are many ways you can earn "SB' for doing different online tasks such as:
- Answering surveys
- Watching videos
- Playing games
- Referring new members
- Searching the web
- Getting cash back on online purchases
- And more
Pros Of Swagbucks
- It’s free to become a Swagbucks member
- You can earn SB in several different ways
- If you become a smart, but casual user, you won’t have to put a lot of effort into earning SB
- Swagbucks offers great customer service
- Large selection of rewards to choose from
Cons Of Swagbucks
- Low income potential
- If you don’t do it smart, it becomes a time consuming effort with very little reward
- The way web search points are earned seems to be completely arbitrary
- While great, the customer service isn’t available 24/7
- In order to make the most of your SB, you’ll need to redeem them for gift cards, not PayPal cash
Different Ways to Earn With SwagbucksWhile surveys are certainly the most popular way to earn money with Swagbucks, there are many other ways to do so as well. Let’s take a look at some:
The To-Do ListEveryone ought to have a to-do list: it’s one of the best ways to increase productivity. While it shouldn’t replace your actual to-do list, Swagbucks does offer one of their own.
You’ll find it on the left side of your dashboard. All you need to do is complete all the daily tasks Swagbucks assigns you and you’ll get an extra 8 SB.
Surveys, for example, take 3 to 20 minutes to complete, but only pay 40 to 100 SB. Similarly, playing Swagbucks Games pays 10 SB for reaching certain levels, which can also be very time consuming. There are also pay-to-play games that reimburse you with 4 SB ($0.028 to $0.04) per $1 you spend.
Your Daily Tasks will typically include a survey, and sometimes a game too. This is the only time either activity will be worth the effort.
Using the Swagbucks Search EngineIf you make Swagbucks your default browser, you can earn SB just for surfing the web. Plus, Swagbucks sometimes offers a 50 SB reward simply for downloading it.
The feature is compatible with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. All you need to do is keep using the internet as you normally would. The earning potential depends on your search queries, but on average you can expect to make 10 SB for as many searches.
Cashback Rewards and Swagbucks OffersCashback rewards aren’t really a way to earn money so much as get some of it back.
All you need to do is use the Swagbucks online shopping platform. Every time you buy something through one of the links you’ll find there, Swagbucks gets paid an affiliate bonus. The company shares this bonus with you by giving you 1 SB for every $1 you spend.
Swagbucks Offers is a way to turn free trials and paid subscriptions in SB. For example, a free Hulu trial will reward you with 272 SB, while a paid subscription can give you up to 4,000 SB.
Only make use of the Swagbucks’ cashback rewards and offers when you were already planning on making a purchase beforehand. Otherwise, you’re spending money instead of earning it.
ReferralsLast but not least is the unique referral link every Swagbucks user receives when they sign up.
The more friends you successfully refer, the higher your earning potential. Simultaneously, the more they earn, the more you earn too!
That’s because the Swagbucks referral program rewards you with 10% of your referrals’ earnings. There doesn’t seem to be any limit on how many referrals this works for, which is definitely a major bonus in Swagbucks’ favor.
Our Recommendation:If you want to get close to that $1000/year as easily as possible here are some tips:
- Sign up as a Swagbucks member and fill out your profile
- Let the Swagbucks videos play in the background while you work - run this feature through the app and put it on mute. You could make an extra $90/month this way
- Download and install the Swagbucks browser extension to collect the rewards
- Whenever the SwagButton lets you know there’s a new Swag Code, copy it into the appropriate box
- Complete your Swagbucks Daily Tasks whenever possible without letting it cut into your time for more important and rewarding tasks
- Leverage your social media to turn your unique referral code into a passive income that could be as much as an extra $90/month
- Only browse through the Swagbuck Offers and online shopping platform when it works in your favor. If there’s something you’re planning on buying, use these tools to see whether you can earn SB in rewards or cash back bonuses. Otherwise, you’re just spending money instead of earning it
- Take advantage of the fact that redeeming SB for gift cards is cheaper than redeeming them for cash through PayPal. You can even compound the benefits by using those gift cards while shopping through the Swagbucks platform.
Is Swagbucks Legit?The short answer is yes, Swagbucks is a legitimate way of making money. You can safely login on your PC or download the Swagbucks app to make money on the go.
Swagbucks claims to have paid their members over $346 million so far, through PayPal and select gift cards. While you shouldn’t expect to make more than about $1,080/year (at most), you can rest assured that Swagbucks will always pay you promptly and in full.
$1,080/year doesn’t sound like much, but Swagbucks never claims to be a way for members to get rich.
How Much Money Can You Realistically Expect to Make With Swagbucks?Swagbucks is one of those platforms that uses a points system. So every time you earn money with one of their activities, you’ll be earning SB.
Each SB is typically worth 1 penny. For example, 1,000 SB can be exchanged for a $10 gift card.
BUT they regularly have “sales,” where you can get select $10 gift cards for 1,000 points each. By contrast, 700 SB will only pay $5 direct to PayPal. If you wait for sales you can earn the most.
There are 3 ways to look at making money with Swagbucks:
- As a casual user, you might average on about $5/month ($60/year);
- Spending a nearly obsessive amount of time on Swagbucks every day, you might end up earning up to $90/month ($1,080/year);
Who Can Join?Unfortunately, Swagbucks isn’t available for everyone. Here are some countries where it's available:
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Some parts of Africa
How to Sign Up for SwagbucksSigning up for Swagbucks is super easy. All you need to do is visit their website here and fill out the short registration.
The only information that’s required is your email address and a password. You can even choose to use your Facebook credentials to sign up if you prefer.
Are You Ready?While Swagbucks won't make you or anyone (other than Prodege) rich, it can be an easy way to supplement your income. If you use the platform to its full potential, you’ll be able to generate a little bit of money.
If this is something you want to try then sign up for Swagbucks here.