Speakwrite or TranscribeMe - Transcribe Audio files
Audio files that need to be converted to text
This is one of the simplest income opportunities we’ll cover. It’s also one of the least ‘passive,’ as it will require you to sit down in front of your computer and do actual work. Lame, we know. But it can provide you the option to earn some extra money just about anytime you need it if you’re willing to put in your hours.
What is it?People around the world have audio files they need converted to text. You have fingers, a computer, and blazing fast typing skills. That’s where platforms like SpeakWrite and TranscribeMe come in. These online marketplaces connect businesses in need of transcription services with individuals willing to transcribe for them.
Who is it for?If you’re a blazingly fast typer, or even just relatively quick, this income opportunity is for you. Anytime you find yourself with downtime, you can turn those empty minutes or hours into earnings simply by typing what you hear and submitting it back to SpeakWrite or TranscribeMe. It’s also very simple to sign up and get started, with a basic paid test after which you can start receiving work almost immediately.
How does it pay?You’ll have the opportunity to earn between $15-$30 per hour of audio that you transcribe. While this isn’t going to result in you becoming a quick-typing millionaire, it’s a great way to earn extra cash whenever you find yourself a little short. We love it as an opportunity to justify extra purchases in your life that might lie outside your budget. Want to buy that awesome jacket but trying to stick to a strict budget based on your paycheck? Log a couple hours on SpeakWrite or TranscribeMe and take away the guilt of splurging a little.
- Work opportunities are sent directly to you You can transcribe anytime, anyplace
- You decide how much or how little to work—and won’t be punished for taking time off between projects
- You can transcribe short clips rather than long, exhausting interviews or dictations $15-$30 hourly rate is respectable
- As you improve your skills, you can work faster
- Not fully passive income—requires you to be transcribing to earn
- Not a massive hourly wage