Stuvia - platform that allows students to sell their study notes online
Makes it easy to upload notes you’ve already taken
The best kind of passive income is that which only requires work you’ve already completed as part of your life. That’s why we love Stuvia.
What is it?Stuvia is a platform that allows students to sell their study notes online. The platform makes it easy for you to upload notes you’ve already taken, and allows you to set your own price which other students can then pay to download them for their own use. The best part? You don’t have to give up the rights to your notes—only make them available for download.
Who is it for?
If you’re organized, a fast typer, and either currently enrolled in classes or have recently completed classes for which you’ve taken notes, Stuvia is a great way to earn a passive income from work you’ve already completed. The best part is that you can upload your courses from anywhere in the world.
How does it pay?
- You can get paid for notes you’ve already taken. Even the most effective passive income streams generally require an initial time or money investment to get going. Stuvia can get you paid for something you probably already have sitting on your computer or in your notebook.
- Signing up is extremely easy.
- Stuvia allows you to set your own prices and rates, and adjust them over time. If you find that a certain set of notes is a top seller, you can adjust accordingly.
- No limit on how many notes you can upload.
- Positive ratings from other students can quickly raise your profile and lead to more downloads.
- Unlikely to result in life-altering income
- You might need to give away your first few sets of notes for free in order to gain positive ratings and build your profile.
- A bit of word-of-mouth marketing might be necessary to get started.