Drop - earn money for something you're doing anyway
Cash rewards for every purchase you make (10$ on sign up)
Drop won't make you rich but it's a way to earn money for something you're doing anyway... shopping and spending money.
They automatically give you cash rewards for every purchase you make when you safely link your debit or credit card to the app.
Drop is free to download and is currently available for Canadian and US residents.
How Does Drop Work?Drop gives you points for purchases you make because they are partnered with many stores.
You can use the points you’ve earned to get gift cards from popular retailers (Nike, Walmart, Uber, and many more). 1,000 Drop points are worth $1 in real cash when you’re redeeming rewards.
It’s a great way to earn gift cards from stores you already shop at, without having to do anything. Remember, this is money you're spending anyways.
How to Start Using Drop
1. Sign UpYou can sign up by downloading the drop app and get 10$.
You’ll be asked some basic information along with your credit card info so they can track your purchases and transfer points to your balance.
No worries though, Drop uses bank-level encryption, so your credit card information is always safe and protected.
2. Pick 5 Favorite BrandsYou’ll be prompted to choose 5 of your favorite brands from a list of prominent brand names such as Starbucks, Amazon, Cineplex, Uber, Walmart, McDonalds, LCBO and many others.
Choose these wisely because you can’t change them afterward, and these are the merchants you earn your points from.
3. Shop and Earn PointsAfter this Drop will do everything automatically. You can go about your day as usual and shop from the same places you did before.
To earn points, you need to see how much you can earn from vendors. Every vendor has their own point rate, which shows the number of Drop points you earn per $1 purchase from them.
Here are a few rates from famous brands:
- Chipotle – 12 points per $1 (1.2% back)
- Dunkin Donuts – 14 points per $1 (1.4% back)
- Lyft – 10 points per $1 (1% back)
- Macy’s – 8 points per $1 (0.8% back)
- Uber – 10 points per $1 (1% back)
- McDonald's – 8 points per $1 (0.8% back)
- 7-Eleven – 16 points per $1 (1.6% back)
- Starbucks – 12 points per $1 (1.2% back)
- Target – 8 points per $1 (0.8% back)
- Walmart – 2 points per $1 (0.2% back)
The points you earn get transferred maximum 8 days after the purchase and once you’ve accumulated 5,000 points ($5), you can redeem them for rewards.
A small drawback is there is a limit on how much you can earn. This limit is set to 5,000 points per week for regular purchases, but considering the versatile bonus offers, your earning potential is not largely affected by this.
4. Redeem pointsOnce you have some points you can use them in the app under the “Redeem” section.
Additional Ways To Earn:
Special offers (Bonus offers)Occasionally, Drop releases special offers that give more points to users that complete a certain task which can be buying from a certain store, spending a certain amount of money, or completing some other tasks. There are some offers that give up to 40,000 ($40) for making a single purchase!
In-App OffersThe In-App offers (also called Mobile offers) are offers you can purchase without a credit card, but it’s only available in the US, for Drop version 1.6 or newer.
Referral programYou can earn 1,000 Drop points for every referral that signs up to Drop through your link. This program is a great way to earn bonus points by recommending it to your friends, and the best part is that you both receive the award!
Carrot RewardsCarrot Rewards is a program that allows users to earn more points by making a few healthy choices. You can sign up for Carrot through the app and earn points by walking more, taking health quizzes and read some articles about your health.
Carrot Rewards are currently available only for users that are residents of British Columbia, Ontario, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
Pros of Using DropSave money at stores you already shop at
Requires zero effort and it’s fully automated
Free to use
A lot of bonus offers
Cons of using Drop
- You can’t change your "favorite brands"
- Limited point earning (5,000 points per week)
- Won't make you rich