Lyft Driver - get paid to drive people from point A to point B
Full-time or part-time for anyone who wants to earn up driving
Lyft is a ridesharing app where you can get paid to drive people from point A to point B.
It can be done full-time or part-time for anyone who wants to earn up to $20 per hour.
You can also sign up and get a $1000 bonus when you complete 125 rides.
Getting StartedTo sign up on Lyft you have to fill a form on their website and wait to be approved. To be eligible you must meet the following conditions:
- Be 21 years old
- Pass a background check (driving record and criminal record)
- Have a valid drivers license
How Much Do You Make?With Lyft you can earn up to $20/hour and sometimes more if you work during busy hours. As a Lyft driver, you earn money from 3 ways:
- Driving people to their destination
- Bonuses from Lyft
- Tips from customers
1. Driving PeopleAs a driver, you get a percentage of the fare Lyft charges passengers. This fare depends on the distance and the time it takes to get from the pick up to the drop off location.
2. BonusesLyft often has bonuses to incentive drivers to work more. Here are some common bonuses:
- First-time sign-up – a bonus when you first become a Lyft driver. Right now the bonus is$1000 if you complete 125 fares.
- Prime Time - bonuses for working in peak hours when the demand is higher
- Power Drive Bonus - bonuses for completing a certain number of trips in an area. (can vary based on your location)
Getting PaidPayments are made every Tuesday or you can request an instant payment if you have a balance of at least $5.
How Does Lyft Work?Passengers open the Lyft app and order a Lyft to pick them up. Once you pick them up and drop them off at their destination, you get paid.
At the end of the ride the passenger can rate you from 1 to 5 stars. If you have less than a average 2-star rating, Lyft will remove you from the list of drivers and you won’t be visible to customers anymore. As long as you drive safely and get people to their destination you shouldn't have any problems.
Lyft vs UberWhile Uber is a more known and used service worldwide, a study done by the company Earnest has shown that Lyft drivers earn more than Uber drivers. While Lyft drivers earned an average of $377 per month, Uber drivers earned an average of $364 per month in 2018.
Pros of Lyft
- You don't need to own a vehicle to sign up
- You set your own hours
- Earn up to $20/hour for driving people
- Possibility to earn more with tips
- Discounts on fuel and maintenance costs
- Lots of bonuses available
Cons of Lyft
- Only available in the USA
- Drivers pay their own expenses (gas, tolls, car maintenance, etc)
- Having strangers in your car
- Some cities aren't busy enough for full time hours